January 30th, 2012
Shawn is responsible for everything related to creating, managing, and growing revenue at the company. He joined Act-On in early 2008 as employee #7, and was a key architect in creating the company's go-to-market strategy. He built the revenue and service sides of the business from the ground up, helping make Act-On one of the hottest SaaS companies in the online marketing technology space.
Prior to joining Act-On, Shawn spent six years in sales and business development at WebEx Communications. Prior to WebEx, Shawn held various sales management positions with RedCreek Communications (acquired by SonicWall), WorldTalk Communications (acquired by Tumbleweed), Finjan Inc., and Rainmaker Systems.
Some of the questions we'll be asking Shawn include:
- Marketing automation is hot right now, but why? It has been around for well over 10 years.
- In your opinion there are 3 core capabilities that people are truly looking for from marketing automation. Why these?
- Is it true that Email Marketing currently serves as a core technology for 90% of small business marketers, but only 3% of small businesses actually use a marketing automation tool. Why?
Posted in Marketing Automation, Current and Past Shows | Comments |
January 25th, 2012
We will ask Paula about their claim to have the most accurate B2B and B2C email databases. Their B2B BizFACTZ database contains three-times more domestic and international online companies associated with verified corporate domains (9 million) and verified corporate email addresses (35 million) than any other database. The B2C file contains 65 million current consumer records with email addresses.
Paula Chiocchi is a marketing industry veteran whose focus is on the future. Realizing the potential of online marketing and advertising technology drives her leadership of Outward Media’s successful campaigns. “The new technologies transform our ability to help clients significantly build their businesses. It’s an incredibly dynamic time to generate and capture qualified leads,” believes Chiocchi.
Chiocchi founded Outward Media in 1998. Under her direction, the company has evolved from a niche marketing firm emphasizing online advertising to a provider of influential email and ad marketing campaigns for Fortune 1000 companies and privately held businesses seeking greater profitability. Integrity, innovation and industry intelligence have been Chiocchi’s hallmark throughout her career. She began with Dun & Bradstreet and developed her skills by creating direct mail, online advertising and email campaigns for leading mortgage companies, financial institutions, online gaming sites, sweepstakes enterprises and e-commerce companies.
Deploying emerging marketing techniques and tools has proven critical to Chiocchi’s success. “We continually forge partnerships with innovative and reliable professionals. Our clients can expect creative, effective and efficient eMarketing campaigns that capture customers and reach their target audience,” she says. The core strengths of Outward Media – comprehensive analysis, highly attuned service, and responsiveness – reflect Chiocchi’s depth of experience. Client service is one area that she believes requires more than the latest technology. She explains that “listening and responding to customers is more than the basis of our marketing campaigns, it serves as Outward Media’s guiding principle.”
Posted in Marketing & Media | Comments |
January 9th, 2012
The Sales Lead Management Association (SLMA) weekly internet radio program, broadcast live at 5 PM PST each Thursday, announced he will interview Jeanne Hopkins of HubSpot on January 19th as the show’s 100th guest. Jeanne Hopkins is HubSpot’s Vice President of Marketing. Guests on the SLMA Radio Hour are CEOs and CMOs from CRM software, marketing automation software, lead generation and other sales lead management firms, as well as CMOs in B2B and B2C companies.
Will Crist said that Jeanne runs the demand generation and lead conversion efforts for internet marketing software company HubSpot. Her previous experience includes serving as chief marketing officer for MarketingExperiments, MarketingSherpa and InTouch, three leading marketing research and publishing organizations that serve the B2B and B2C markets; and senior director of marketing programs and communications at Symmetricom. In addition, Jeanne has over 20 years of senior-level management experience with B2B and B2C companies leading their sales and marketing teams.
The SLMA internet radio program can be reached via the SLMA website: http://www.salesleadmgmtassn.com/. Click on the SLMA Radio logo on the left, and then the “listen live” button. Archived programs of 99 CEOs/CMOs from companies in the sales lead management field are available. SLMA radio shows can also be subscribed to via iTunes.
About the Sales Lead Management Association The Sales Lead Management Association was founded in 2007. Membership is free. The association serves 4,250 members of the worldwide sales lead management community.
In 2011, SLMA’s site received more than 146,677 total visitors. A privately held organization, SLMA has a diversified business model with revenues coming from sponsors, display advertising, SLMA Radio, sponsored video webinars, newsletter advertising, sponsored cartoons, industry leader links, a speaker’s directory, case studies and a blog, Sales Lead Management Today.
SLMA featured programs include more than 300 articles and whitepapers, the “50 Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management” (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011), the SLMA “20 Women to Watch in 2011” and “Sales Lead Management Week” (Oct. 15 through 19 in 2012).
For additional information, visit the SLMA.
Media Contact: Sue Campanale 714-637-6989 firstname.lastname@example.org www.salesleadmanagementweek.com
Posted in CRM and Related, Current and Past Shows | Comments |
January 6th, 2012
Jeff Erramouspe has over 20 years of management experience in both entrepreneurial and Fortune 500 technology companies. Jeff joined Manticore Technology from Digby, where he was VP of Market Development, and was the co-founder and CEO of Deepfile Corporation (now called StoredIQ), a leading provider of file management solutions for corporate compliance. Prior to founding Deepfile, he was a venture fellow at AV Labs, the seed-stage fund associated with Austin Ventures, where he provided executive leadership to several portfolio companies. During this period, Jeff was recruited by the Foundation for Entrepreneurial Excellence to be an adjunct professor for entrepreneurship at the University of Texas Graduate School of Business.
Jeff was the first vice president of marketing for Vignette Corporation, the leading provider of content management and e-relationship management solutions. While at Vignette, he developed company and product positioning that established Vignette as the leading provider of content management solutions. Jeff came to Vignette after a successful executive management career at Compaq Computer Corporation, where he was responsible for the server/systems management software business. Jeff holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at San Diego in Management Science.
Some of the questions host, Will Crist will be asking include:
- Tell us about your two ebooks?
- We know your system nurtures leads, but how does it generate more leads.
- What is the pricing for your product?
- What is the value add for a typical company that generates only 500 inquiries a month?
- What size B2B or B2C company gets the most value from your product?
- Is there a case study that demonstrates real results that you would like to talk about?
Posted in CRM and Related, Marketing Automation, Current and Past Shows | Comments |
January 2nd, 2012
Los Angeles, CA—January 2, 2012 - Will Crist, director and host of The Sales Lead Management Association (SLMA) weekly radio program (broadcast live at 5 PM PST each Thursday), announced the line-up for January SLMA Radio Programs. He will interview Jill Konrath of Selling to Big Companies on January 5th, Jeff Erramouspe of Manticore on January 12th, Jeanne Hopkins of HubSpot on January 19th and Paula Chiocchi of Outward Media on January 26th.
- January 5th. Jill Konrath of Selling to Big Companies. Jill’s career is defined by her relentless search for fresh sales strategies that actually work in today’s business environment. She's a bestselling author and frequent speaker at sales conferences. SNAP Selling, Jill's newest book, jumped to #1 on Amazon within hours of its release. Selling to Big Companies, her 1st book, was selected as a "must-read" by Fortune magazine. It's been an Amazon Top 20 sales book since 2006. Jill is one of the 50 Most Influential People to Watch in Sales Lead Management in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- January 12th. Jeff Erramouspe, President of Manticore has over 20 years of management experience in both entrepreneurial and Fortune 500 technology companies. Jeff joined Manticore Technology from Digby, where he was VP of Market Development, and was the co-founder and CEO of Deepfile Corporation (now called StoredIQ), a leading provider of file management solutions for corporate compliance.
- January 19th. Jeanne Hopkins is VP of Marketing at HubSpot. Ms. Hopkins is also the 100th guest to be on the SLMA Radio program! Jeanne is VP of Marketing and runs the demand generation and lead conversion efforts for internet marketing software company HubSpot. Her previous experience includes serving as Chief Marketing Officer for MarketingExperiments, MarketingSherpa and InTouch, three leading marketing research and publishing organizations that serve the B2B and B2C markets. She was also Senior Director of Marketing Programs and Communications at Symmetricom. In addition, Jeanne has over 20 years of senior-level management experience with B2B and B2C companies leading their sales and marketing teams. Jeanne has been named to the SLMA’s 50 Most Influential list in 2011 and was named one of the 20 Women to Watch in Sales Lead Management in 2011.
- January 26th. Paula Chiocchi is President of Outward Media. Ms. Chiocchi founded Outward Media in 1998. Under her direction, the company has evolved from a niche marketing firm emphasizing online advertising and media to the leading compiler of multi-channel marketing data.
Will Crist has interviewed hundreds of CEOs and CMOs as the host of both SLMA Radio (Thursday at 5 PM PST) and Pilgrim on the 405, which broadcasts every Wednesday at 5 PM PST.
Posted in Current and Past Shows | Comments |
January 2nd, 2012
Jill Konrath’s career is defined by her relentless search for fresh sales strategies that actually work in today’s business environment. She's a bestselling author and frequent speaker at sales conferences.
We will be talking to Jill about the three biggest problems you are called upon to fix at companies and your success in fixing them, as well as her book, SNAP Selling.
SNAP Selling, Jill's newest book, jumped to #1 on Amazon within hours of its release. Selling to Big Companies, her 1st book, was selected as a "must-read" by Fortune magazine. It's been an Amazon Top 20 sales book since 2006.