Hacking is the number one way data is breached.
40% of all data breaches come from employee mistakes, stolen laptops, negligence with sign-ons, flash drives, external storage.
Data security is the job of IT
We can be held LIABLE for who we hire to handle data.
Need to review the contracts you have with your vendors and be sure that your contact obligates them to follow all of the data and privacy laws. That will go a long with the regulators. The FTC is broadening their scope. There are about two dozen guidelines we have to all be compliant with.
A crisis communications plan is critical for all businesses. When you are in crisis is too late. Join me as we hear from Marketing Communications Expert, +Linda Zimmer . Linda is person to follow, know and learn from.
She can be found EVERYWHERE that is digital and is called upon from companies and institutions around the world for guidance, planning and education.
- 10:50 - Do you have a place on your site with a list of whom to contact at your company for crisis situations? You'd be surprised how hard it can be to find the person YOU would want to be the POINT person.
- 13:03 - What is a REAL crisis? It's in REAL time and needs to be dealt with NOW
- 13:48 - Small businesses need a plan more than ever because one crisis can take out your company.
- 14:15 - Remembering how the big change in Google search semantics has affected many small businesses who relied on keyword stuffing, SEO the "old way"
- 14:45 Google can change their algorithms overnight - if that's what you count on, then that has be part of your plan.
- 20:15 - Social media is about
- 23:54 - Know what your company represents
- 24:11 - Without a known message and tone, your response can become fragmented causing more damage to your company than the crisis itself
- 30:29 - seeking legal council with your plan
- 37:39 - GEM: Know the difference between being right and being effective.
- 40:00 - GEM: Ask the question, "What can derail our success?" - those are your hotspots
- 44:28 - Caution against only relying on online media to get your crisis situation plan deployed. You need to include more traditional forms of communication because perhaps it's your site and the internet that have gone down and your phone lines are exploding with frustrated customers.
- 51:00 - Who is creating your corporate message and maintaining it online? Was it the intern? The person who no longer works there? You need to have access to ALL accounts
GRAB EVERY PROFILE/VANITY URL with your name, your company name or brand name or someone else will. This will give a consistent message and the public will know it's coming from you and will not be confused.
This is not an event to be missed. Linda, who is a collaborative, liquid being said it would be great to get a couple of additional experts in the discussion in the filmstrip. If you think yourself an expert on this topic and would want to join in, please let me know.
You can get to know Linda Zimmer better here: