~ What is reputation management?
~ How do we control or respond to negative reviews?
~ How can we prevent negative reviews - or at least cut them WAY back?
~ Who is most likely to review your business and sully your reputation?
~ Who can help you BUILD it up?
Many business owners think that simply responding to reviews you receive on Yelp! is enough. It goes way beyond that. There are several venues that collect reviews, plus atypical places.
*ASK YOUR QUESTIONS* in the event stream in case you can't make it. Please reply YES or MAYBE so you stay current on this discussion and don't miss the live event!
*About our guests:*
As the Director of Sales for Reputation Impression, Joe has been able to utilize his Sales Training and his Personal Coaching skills learned while under the employment of Anthony Robbins and SBC Communications (now AT&T) to help Reputation Impression improve its Sales and Skill sets of employees under his direct supervision. Joe's skills are mainly focused towards Customer Service and satisfaction while having a proven track record in the sales arena as well.
- Wear some COLOR solids are best. Patterns are distracting.
- Earrings – do they go with the outfit? Are the trendy or business like – yet with personality?. They, too can be distracting.
- Shirts – are collars ironed? Is the jacket REALLY your size or the size you wish you still were?
- Tie or no tie – depends on your target market. BORROW an expensive tie if you have to – that doesn't mean buying it at Nordstrom and then returning it. Have a GOOD tie. It will give you a lift.
- Glasses or no glasses? Do you always wear glasses? Will anyone recognize you if you do not have them on or will they ask if you got Lasix surgery? When was the last time you updated your frames? You may be due if it's been more than 5 years. Styles change. You may end up with lighter weight ones, too, that are more flattering.If you bought your glasses with one shaped face and you've gained or lost weight, changed hair color, gone gray – your old glasses will not look as good as they did when you first got them.
- Smile - do you want your teeth whiter or are you happy with what you have? There is no correct answer – just what fits for YOU. Whitening products. SMILE warmly like you are looking at a friend you haven't seen in a while and they look fantastic and happy!Remember if you use a whitening product the night before or even that day – the real ones will somewhat dry your teeth out and you'll need to replenish the moisture or the first thing you drink – coffee, soda, juice, wine – will soak right in to the more porous surface. Be ready to brush again.
- Stray hairs – men - PLEASE trim your nose hairs and eyebrows. Get it done professionally. If your ears are showing – no YODAS! Same if your neck is showing – clean it up. Beards/mustaches – are they cleaned up or are you sporting that ZZtop – Duck Dynasty look?Women, as we get older hair shifts on us – chins and upper lips, sideburn area – defuzz, pluck. DO NOT WAX THE DAY BEFORE A HEAD SHOT. Sometimes, waxing your face stimulates the skin to cleanse and you end up with blemishes. RED is hard to hide.
- DO NOT PICK your face – as a general rule – but REALLY leave it alone the day of your head shot. Be GENTLY, rub gently to avoid breaking something open. Patching it with cover-up will still show and add to the edits that need to be done.
- Selecting the studio: You want someone with some artistic sense who can help bring out your best
- Consider bringing a couple of shirts, colors with accessories: earrings, ties, etc. to give variety.
- You will want a HIGH RES digital version at the very least.
- Go for COLOR – you can always switch to black and white.
- Ask them about your rights to post the images and use them in promotional materials. Once you purchase a high res version, can you use it anywhere you want to without watermark?
Pose time - backdrops, your angle and lighting. This is part of why you will have a professional shoot youCan't afford a studio, you can go to JC Penney, WalMart, Target, not to be confused with Mall Santa shots. They do a nice job for the budget. Preferably, find a local photography studio that specializes in head shots. Wedding specialists are not business head shot specialists, nor is the local business that does passport photos.
The path that your typical customer takes to eventually purchase your product or service.
Are you trying to be too clever with "us" "find" "hello" in your menu rather than CONTACT ? Don't make it hard. Make it easy to CONNECT or CONTACT. Add your form, sure, add your subscription form but add your PHONE, EMAIL and MAILING and/or PHYSICAL address in there, too. I don't want to have to dig around on your site, I don't always have the time to type a contact form submission with TINY keys - sometimes, I just want to CALL you.
HOMEWORK : Go check your site/sites to see if that information is readily available. Can a 9 year old find how to reach you?
Check your blog and other sites - do they link back to your main site AND have contact info? I can't tell you how annoying it is on blogs where they only way to contact the writer is by making a comment on a post.
join the community: bit.ly/geekspeakguides
Your Geekspeak Guides:
- Marketing, PR & Web Pro for DECADES!
With a background in public relations and advertising since 1986, Susan is a "gentle guide for clients trying new venues online." She engages those skills as she helps create an online presence that will appeal to existing and future clients and/or investors. All these factors are considered before she constructs a suggested plan for clients. It goes way beyond an online presence.
- Your "Can Do" Geek
After countless calls from business owners that have lost control of their web site,Yvonne put her main focus on customized WordPress sites, helping clients take charge of their online presence.Her refreshing openness will provide you with knowledge and resources in areas like Social Media, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, WordPress and Search Engine Optimization.