As part of our ongoing series of interviews on what executives have learned in life we spoke with Jill Konrath about the 5 Most Important Things she has Learned in Business and Life. Jill shares some personal stories from her early days in sales. She covers an early failure that nearly stopped her in the first few months of her sales career.
- Reframing Failure: how to do it and why it is important
- Problems are really just challenges which is another form of reframing
- Why focusing on the customers changed her life!
- How being a master of technology is no longer an option!
- And why Silence is Complicity and it is a meaningful message for today
Konrath’s sincerity comes through in this heartfelt advice.
Jill Konrath is also a frequent speaker at sales conferences and kick-off meetings. Sharing her fresh sales strategies, she helps salespeople to speed up new customer acquisition and win bigger contracts. Her clients include IBM, GE, Microsoft, Wells Fargo, Staples and numerous mid-market firms.
Jill is the author of three bestselling, award-winning books. Her newest book, Agile Selling shows salespeople how to succeed in a constantly changing sales world. SNAP Selling focuses on what it takes to win sales with today’s crazy-busy buyers. And Selling to Big Companies provides step-by-step guidance on setting up meetings with corporate decision makers.
As a business-to-business sales expert, Jill’s ideas and insights are ubiquitous in multiple forums, both on and offline.
- Widely read.Jill’s newsletters are read by 125,000+ sellers worldwide. Her popular blog has been syndicated on numerous business and sales websites.
- Sales Fellow.In 2014, Jill was honored to be selected as a Sales in Residence at HubSpot Sidekick, providing insights, guidance and direction to the new Sidekick offering.
- Jill has been recognized for many achievements. Most recently, InsideView named her to their list of the 25 Influential Leaders in Sales for the third consecutive year in 2013, and she was named to the Sales Lead Management Association's lists of the 50 Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. She has also won many other awards.
SLMA Radio Sponsorship
Whether you're producing a seminar series, user's conference, lunch and learn, or exhibiting at a tradeshow, Validar has a solution. Call 888 784 2929 or visit us at www.validar.com